The Advanced Solutions Architect is responsible for coupling market and business requirements with emerging technologies to identify Proof of Concept projects that will improve existing products and create the foundation for new products. To accomplish this, they will partner with senior executives and product manager from each business unit to identify key market and business drivers and trends. In addition, they will continually survey applicable technologies and act as a technology subject matter expert. Furthermore, they will coordinate and collaborate with functional architects and the architecture board to ensure architectural alignment and evolution. Lastly, they will coordinate and collaborate with project managers and technical leaders to ensure a successful transition of Proof of Concepts to Product Development. This position reports to the Vice President of Advanced Solutions.
The Advanced Solutions Architect is a key contributor to Proof of Concept identification, design, planning and execution. Additionally, they will support the transition to development for those Proof of Concepts that move forward. The Advanced Solutions Architect will be required to manage multiple projects in a manner that removes risks, ensures results and achieves alignment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities – Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
- Partnering with business leaders to understand market and business trends, risks, assumptions, constraints and requirements.
- Designing initial user interaction models and user interfaces for purposes of illustrating to business stakeholders the potential impact of existing and emerging technologies.
- Integrating internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience.
- Creating prototypes and authoring detailed interaction specifications.
- Working with user experience professionals to design interfaces.
- Working with visual designers to improve and refine product visual design and consistency.
- Coordinate and collaborate with functional architects and the architecture board to ensure alignment and evolution.
- Coordinate and collaborate with project manager, technical leaders and developers to ensure a smooth and successful transition of Proof of Concepts to Product Development
Education & Knowledge Required
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or computer science or related field.
At least 10+ years of experience as a technical architect. 5 years of experience in a leadership role. 5 years of experience working within a product-oriented role.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex business problems.
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
Communication & Contacts Required
Communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale to multiple audiences in a manner that is easily understood and builds consensus.
Coordinate and collaborate with project manager, technical leaders and developers to ensure a smooth and successful transition of Proof of Concepts to Product Development.
Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company’s Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire