Methodist Hospital opened in1963 as the first hospital in the internationally acclaimed South Texas MedicalCenter. From the beginning, we’ve recognized the unique needs of each of ourpatients. It’s a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways tobetter serve the community when they need us the most. Methodist Hospitaloffers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, bone marrowtransplant, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology andorthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in strokecare and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value ourstaff and our patients. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and ofthe Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support andrecognition we receive from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express- News Reader’s Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the mostpreferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the ConsumerResearch Corporation.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II is responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of diseases, analyzing and assuming accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs specimen processing and testing, including moderate and high complexity testing.
2. Analyzes test results – demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes in correlation with disease states and test results.
3. Understands, performs, and practices preventive maintenance. Troubleshoots and takes corrective action. Demonstrates pro-active problem solving skills by taking appropriate action and knowing when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
4. Understands, performs, and practices quality control when running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II communicates any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
5. Reviews, writes, or modifies departmental procedures or policies.
6. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II gains skills quickly, and completes competency checklists for this position. Assumes responsibility for own development through cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire