WZZM 13, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is seeking a Broadcast IT Engineer to support the day-to-day operations of broadcast and information technology systems, software, and equipment while focusing on quality customer service.
- Day-to-day hands-on maintenance of WZZM’s IT infrastructure.
- Technical support for news, sales, and other content production operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the Director of Technology and IT Supervisor on the installation and maintenance of all IT equipment used in the organization’s broadcast, online, and mobile content productions. Including: station automation systems, master control and production systems, newsroom computer systems, non-linear edit systems, shared storage systems, and other equipment.
- Strong computer network and technical skills are essential.
- A good understanding of non-linear video editing and file based media technologies a plus.
- Must have desire to continue to adapt to new technologies.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- High energy and an ability to quickly understand complex situations and provide effective solutions are needed.
- A demonstrated ability to respond quickly during times of emergencies is necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull & install wiring
- Must be willing to be on call with the possibility of rotating shifts.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Sightline Media Group. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire