The Technical Operations Department at WXIA/WATL TV, a TEGNA company, has an immediate opening for a part time temporary Broadcast Operations Technician. We are looking for a multi-skilled broadcast professional with a systematic knowledge of current broadcasting technologies specific to a master control environment.
- Master Control room operation in a HUB/Spoke environment.
- Monitoring of multiple broadcast signals
- Automation playlist management
- Program log review and completion
- Responsible for managing transmission, reception and recording of signals from ENG, SNG, and TVU remote broadcasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 3 to 5 years related experience in a multi-platform IT environment
- Proven leadership experience in a fast-paced media environment preferred
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching preferred
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of the broadcast infrastructure preferred
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired preferred
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies preferred
- Excellent project management skills with proven experience managing media technology projects preferred
- Demonstrated sensitivity in handling confidential information preferred
- Can successfully communicate technical information in a non-technical manner preferred
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire