Title – Business Intelligence Engineer II
Duration – 3 mon. CTH – will go perm at 90 days.
Seeking an ETL Engineer II to join the BI group. This person needs to be well versed in OLAP data and come from at least 3+ years of experience in ETL and data warehouse development. The ideal candidate needs to be strong within SSIS development and would be a huge plus to have tabular Cubes (SSAS). The BI analytics team right now has 2 full time employees and one senior consultant who report to the Director of this team and he wants to grow the team to 5 FTE’s. They are really working to clean and optimize the current flow of data and set up best practice within the ETL process for the data warehouse to produce the best intelligence for users. The analytics they are looking into are around student behavior, student retention, and anything that will help understand why students sign up, drop out, etc…..
Essential Job Duties:
* Participate in the entire lifecycle for Business Intelligence Solution Delivery
* Design, build, document and manage data warehouse objects
* Design and develop ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
* Assist with BI Solution (DBMS, SSIS, SSAS) architecture and performance tuning
* Develop, test and deliver error free data
* Stay abreast of BI industry best practices and relevant new technologies
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
* Design and develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Tableau
* Design and develop OLAP Cubes and Tabular models using Analysis Services (SSAS)
* Perform technical analysis documentation
* Ability to work independently (as well as within a team environment) and unsupervised
* Ability to work a flexible day schedule required including occasional evenings
* 7+ years developing Business Intelligence solutions
* 5+ years developing solutions using the MS SQL Server BI Stack
* Solid understanding of the Kimball Method and advanced Data Warehousing methods
* Strong knowledge of SSIS and TSQL
* Understanding of dimensional data structures and complex hierarchies
* Advanced understanding data visualization practices and methods
* SSIS Package Design Patterns and Configuration
* Recent working knowledge of a major BI tools (Tableau / Power BI preferred)
* SSAS Cube / Tabular Architecture and Design
* Security implementation in databases and BI solutions
* Agile BI DW development methodologies
* TDWI -CBIP -Certified Business Intelligence Professional
* Microsoft – MCITP – BI Developer
About TEKsystems: Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants’ skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems’ leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire