Downtown San Antonio is the backdropfor a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by MetropolitanMethodist Hospital. Part of the Methodist Health System, Metropolitan isrecognized for providing Center of Excellence level of care for cardiac, neuro, and bariatric patients. The Women’s Pavilion delivers over 4,000babies a year. The urbanization of San Antonio has resulted insignificant growth in our emergency services and intensive care. Ourfacility is large enough to provide a wide range of services but we are able tosupport individualized development in a personalized setting. We applyevidence based practice to every patient encounter. By focusing oncontinuous quality improvement, we seek to deliver world class care with apersonal touch.The community and our family environment are at theheart of all we do and sustain our values driven organization.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist III is responsible for: performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of diseases, analyzing and assuming accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs, assuring compliance with regulations and standards of regulatory agencies, and managing special projects.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs specimen processing and testing, including moderate and high complexity testing. Analyzes test results and assumes accountability for accuracy.
2. Understands, performs, and practices preventive maintenance. Troubleshoots and takes corrective action. Demonstrates pro-active problem solving skills and by taking appropriate action and knowing when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
3. Understands, performs, and practices quality control management to include: running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist III communicates any relevant quality control (QC) information to Supervisor or Manager.
4. Anticipates and evaluates need for new methods, instrumentation, and technology in terms of customer need, cost benefit, and revenue generation. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist III then informs management about findings.
5. Assures compliance with accrediting agencies and acts as a resource to customers both within the department and outside the department.
6. Manages assigned projects to include: developing a plan, coordinating necessary resources, setting project timelines, keeping Manager informed of progress, and completing project within established time limits.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire