Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a ChemistryTechnician Specialist. This position is located in West Jefferson, OH.
Battelle’s Biomedical Research Center team includes 200 scientific staff with varied expertise, including aerobiology, safety toxicology, and efficacy, pathology, microbiology, and chemistry, among other disciplines, who work together to develop and/or test novel drugs and medical countermeasures from discovery to FDA approval. The Air Monitoring Chemist will work with these cross functional groups to enable our scientific programs to continuously exceed expectations. The Battelle Biomedical Research Center is a high containment facility consisting of Biosafety level 1, 2, and 3 laboratories as well as highly toxic material test facilities.
- Preparation of calibration standards and solutions.
- Preparation of chemistry samples prior to analysis.
- Performing liquid/liquid extractions, solid-phase extractions, and protein precipitation extractions and tissue homogenization of various matrices.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot highly specialized agent monitoring systems (MINICAMS) and analytical instrumentation (LC, GC-FID/FPD and GC-MS).
- Setting up and operating various lab equipment and instrumentation to include: centrifuges, pipetting devices and balances.
- Maintaining, calibrating, and cleaning equipment to specifications.
- Work around hazardous materials by following all safety guidelines to minimize exposure.
- Requisition, receive, store, issue, and inventory parts/supplies.
- Read SOPs, methods, facility guidelines, etc. used in workplace in a timely manner and adhere to these procedures.
- Ensuring compliance to in-house specifications, standards and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Organize, clean, and maintain facility laboratories in accordance with GLP and ISO guidelines.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry with at least 5 years of experience in analytical or laboratory roles OR an Associate’s degree with at least 10 years of experience.
- Must be a US Citizen to perform duties of this role.
- Ability to obtain/maintain certification in Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (NACLC required) and/or Biological Personnel Reliability Program (Single Scope Background Investigation required for entry- this is background investigation performed for DoD TOP SECRET clearances), and Biological Suitability Assessment Program.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DoJ Security Risk Assessment (SRA) approval.
- Ability to obtain/maintain CDC approval to work with BSAT material.
- Must be willing to work in a biosafety level 2 (BSL2) and/or 3 (BSL3) (biocontainment) environment and able to wear appropriate respiratory protection.
- Must be willing to be immunized with FDA licensed vaccines and Investigational New Drugs (IND) recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents
- Must be willing to participate in random drug screening.
- Newly hired employees are subject to a 90 day introductory period, during which their performance is evaluated by supervision.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical methods involving chemical warfare agents and other highly toxic chemicals.
- Proficient in sample extraction techniques.
- Experience working with extremely hazardous chemicals.
- Experience with chemical agent surety operations.
- Knowledge of US Army rules and regulations surrounding chemical surety material.
- Understanding of GLP and ISO regulations.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visitwww.battelle.org/careers
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire