Consulting – Supervisor – IT Audit
At RSM, our IT Audit Supervisors work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Consultants work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignmentnot just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our consultants perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life. IT Audit Consulting Supervisors will work with a team of individuals to ensure that we provide quality services to clients by focusing on their IT controls and security. You will use your strong management and analytical skills and understanding of IT systems to provide auditing advice to help our clients meet their requirements.
- Assisting in the creation of proposals and participating in prospective client presentations
- Managing and reviewing the work of our senior associates and other staff as they evaluate information technology (IT) security risks and controls
- Managing financial audit support, Service Organization Control (SOC) engagements, SOX reviews of IT general controls, ERP system reviews and information security assessments
- Managing the assessment and development of policies and procedures as they relate to information systems controls
- Recommending solutions to address control weaknesses and communicating findings and recommendations to all levels of client management
- Assisting in the recruitment of new consultants and acting as a career advisor for junior level staff Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Information Technology, Business or Accounting
- 3+ years’ experience with performing IT audits and information security assessments
- Experience with an accounting or consulting firm preferred
- Strong verbal and written abilities
- Strong multitasking and project management skills
- Experience in supervising staff on engagements
- Ability to travel overnight up to 35% depending on client locations Preferred Qualifications
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA, CPA, CITP, PMP or other relevant certifications (or the willingness to obtain within the near future)
- Banking, healthcare, retail or manufacturing industry experience
- Big Four or other consulting background
- Knowledgeable regarding Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality, as well as the ability to adhere to both company policies and best practices
- Ability to work extra hours to meet deadlines when necessary
- Subject matter expertise with ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JDE and MS Dynamics Examples of specific assignments could include:
- Assisting external audit teams in the identification of IT control objectives and the design of control procedures to address those objectives.
- Managing technology risk assessments and reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing general computer controls including access controls, change management, security, backup controls and operation controls, in a wide range of computing environments (e.g., mainframe, mid-range and client/server), for financial audit support and internal audit Sarbanes-Oxley 404 work.
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing application controls, particularly automated controls on a wide range of software application packages for financial reporting.
- Determining technical and business impact of identified security issues and provide remediation guidance to clients
- Measure and report clients’ compliance with established industry or government requirements
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 1185 Avenue of the Americas, 5th Floor City: New York State: NY Region: Northeast Region Position Type: Full Time Job Type: Experienced Degree Required: Bachelor Travel Required: Yes Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No Requisition ID: NEMC17278
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire