- This position is responsible for the evaluation, recommendation, testing, design, implementation, and management of solutions that enhance computing support as well as the client-computing infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain operating systems images and provide support for quality and deployment of images for standardized Enterprise computing platforms.
- Responsible for administering configuration management suite, including an automated backup infrastructure, central imaging environment, and automated software deployment and patch management updates.
- Work with application developers and third party vendors to develop software or virtualized installation packages for network deployment via the Enterprise configuration management suite.
- Organize and conduct demonstrations and training to technical staff related to the integration of new technologies.
- Manage desktop lifecycle management process through planning and forecasting.
- Interacts with external vendors to evaluate technology changes, including licensing and contracts, and their impact on the business.
- Define and maintain the SDLC for desktop/laptop hardware, operating systems, and office suite to maintain a consistent office environment (COE).
- Participate in software evaluation and testing.
- Compliance activities for vendor SOWs/SLAs.
- Responsible for the administration of Enterprise endpoint security including client encryption and anti-malware/anti-virus.
- Responsible for the administration of the hosted virtual desktop environment, including administration of; host servers, infrastructure components, profile management utilities, virtual application delivery, and zero clients.
- Management of the Enterprise distributed print and scanning infrastructure.
- Acts as subject matter expert for Application and Infrastructure Support teams for troubleshooting and resolution of complex issues that involve the core operating system or desktop components.
- Mentors peers and IT personnel relating to client computing technology.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Combinations of relevant education and work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by AFHI’s learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
With proper education credentials, five years relevant experience which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Three to five years of experience supporting personal computers in a multi-site, multi-platform environment as well as telephone support of remote staff.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft OS software, including installation procedures, security tuning, and configuration management.
- Skills managing Active Directory Group Policies.
- Skills with PC configuration management suites and end point protection technologies.
- Basic knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCPIP/DHCP/DNS/LDAP/SSL/HTTP) for the purposes of troubleshooting.
- Scripting skills are desired using the following languages and technologies (ADSI/WMI/VBScript/WSH/Powershell).
- Basic knowledge of certificate authorities.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Work is performed in an office setting. May be exposed to temperatures, which may be cooler than a normal office setting. Hazards: Possible injury in working with electronic equipment. Must follow safety and security procedures. Travel is required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an “at will” basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire