This role is responsible for ensuring quality control over retail data processing and product/store mapping completion for our client’s custom technology solution in a client-dedicated, help-desk type of environment. This role will partner with 2 additional help desk Consultants. This person should demonstrate the ability of strong internal and external communication, leading meetings and issue resolutions, providing database and industry expertise, and consulting on delivery process. This role manages a custom solution for a top client account, and supports Service Excellence initiatives for the client vertical that they support.
What are the responsibilities of an Operations Consultant?
– Lead top client account issue resolution and communicate resolutions and explanations where appropriate.
– Manage store and product mapping completion within turnaround window.
– Manage new work requests, work order changes, and provide expertise where appropriate.
– Manage all scheduled and ad hoc client deliverables.
– Provide industry and category expertise.
– Engage appropriate Operational Process group for process expertise.
– Identify process improvement opportunities and best practice sharing.
– Manage cross-functional support teams, ensuring project timelines and responsibilities are communicated and enforced.
– Facilitate issue resolution for all downstream products and deliverables.
What are the qualifications?
– Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
– Understanding of Unix / linux platforms is desirable
– Excellent project management skills
– Ability to lead internal teams, enforce compliance , and assure follow-through
– Possess process, product, and, industry knowledge
– Strong technical understanding, flow charting, data flow / swim lanes etc knowledge
– Organizational skills
– Flexibility to cover night and weekend work if required – will rotate with other help desk Consultants
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world’s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us here and on YouTube.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, back-up child care, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people – the best in the business.
We’re thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new “aha moments!” by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire