Information Technology (IT) Systems Technician opportunity in Dearborn, Michigan!!!
Career Field: Information Technology, IT, Information Technology Technician
Information Technology (IT) Systems Technician Position Summary:
Responsible for day to day support of local site technology systems. Will work with remote administrators and support teams to ensure ongoing operations of server and desktop systems, along with associated network systems and mobile devices.
Information Technology (IT) Systems Technician Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide quality support in a timely manner (on call response within 15 minutes)
• Provide on-call support outside normal business hours (provide 24×7 coverage)
• Provide the installation and/or upgrades of new hardware and software to the Percepta and client environment, including but not limited to computers, laptops and printers.
• Move equipment during a move/add/change request
• Manage IT asset inventory including deployments and disposal for the site
• Provide daily inspection of site network and server hardware and review related performance
• Monitor and manage site system backups including tape or network storage space
• Monitors Anti-Virus systems and rehabilitate any infected systems
• Monitor and close trouble tickets
• Manage user accounts and maintain file and print sharing configuration
• Perform hardware deployments and renewals
• Works closely with Helpdesk and Converged Support teams
• Provide hands on support with guidance from Network Admin to troubleshoot wired network, wireless network, and VPN connectivity for the site
• Maintain a positive work environment that fosters team performance
• Support and contribute to open communication flow inside and outside the operations enablement team
• Must be able to complete projects and tasks independently with limited direct supervision
• Strong work ethic, initiative and drive are essential
• Ability to comfortably interface with all levels of management up to and including the CEO on a daily basis.
• Work on activities and/or projects as requested by manager or Administrators.
Information Technology (IT) Systems Technician Education
• AS degree in Information Systems or 3 years of experience
Information Technology (IT) Systems Technician Experience
• Experience in enterprise LAN/WAN support (Microsoft Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 / Windows 7 / Windows 10)
• Experience in enterprise desktop support (Microsoft Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 / Windows 7 / Windows 10)
• Working knowledge of DHCP, WINS, DNS, Microsoft Exchange server and TCP/IP
• MCTS certified or Comptia Network or equivalent work experience
• Strong organizational, communications, and problem resolution skills
• Personal computing experience, including Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of basic PC repair required
• Experience with PC imaging technologies.
• General understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI Model
• Ability to use modern browsers and navigate the internet
• Hardware troubleshooting including mobile devices, desktop PCs, laptops, and servers
• Familiar with network connectivity troubleshooting (ping, nslookup, tracert, etc.)
Information Technology (IT) Systems Technician Other Responsibilities
• Some travel within local area
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire