The Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of IT projects on a wide variety of business units and programs. Works with customers to develop project scope of work documents and project plans. Uses project management skills to manage project roles, identify resource requirements, meet training needs, define project deliverables, provide customer satisfaction and reporting structures and insure quality of projects. Identifies the technical approach to be used on a given project and manages the system development process. Documents opportunities to integrate systems and resources to fulfill project requirements. Ensures effective communications and relationships between customers and project team members are maintained.
Project Managers may be focused in customer or functional program areas where specific subject matter expertise will be important.
Provides team leadership on individual projects. Assigns and checks work. Provides effective input on hiring and evaluating team members.
- Manage multiple IT projects which include Application and Infrastructure focus.
- Works with appropriate customers to identify and coordinate new IT system developments and/or enhancements.
- Works with appropriate customers to develop project scope of work documents and project plans that include an analysis of benefit, cost, work schedule and any related risks.
- Assigns, schedules, trains, reviews, and monitors project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget. Mentors and provides expertise to other project team members.
- Works with appropriate customers to identify the roles of project team members, project reporting structures and frequency of interaction and any training requirements that may be needed for a team member to complete an IT project.
- Defines the responsibilities of parties involved in the project including customers, management, IT management, project team, vendors and others affected by the project.
- Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation of IT projects. Facilitates amicable solutions with the appropriate customer(s).
- Manage project deliverables, timelines, resources, change requests, communication and adherence to the budget
- Identifies the technical approach to be used on a given IT project and manages the system
- development process including the development of a strategic plan, systems analysis, technical design, coding, testing and acceptance of an IT system and/or application.
- Develops IT system review schedules, audits and acceptance tests for each phase of a project.
- Identifies IT system design alternatives, researches existing IT systems in the marketplace and recommends viable IT solutions.
• Report status of projects and risk analysis to management
- Develops Requests for Proposals (RFP), evaluates responses, and leads IT system selection teams.
- Organizes and conducts project team meetings.
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement for business systems and processes
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Planning, Engineering or closely related field.
- Have had five (5) years of full-time experience managing the implementation and support of information technology projects.
- Considerable ability to interpret technical procedures to customers, and other non-technical personnel.
- Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Information Technology department employees and customer representatives.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment
• Formal Project Management training. A Certificate (PMP) is a plus
- Considerable problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with project planning, resource management, issue management, risk management and budgeting
• Fluent in Microsoft Windows technology, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project
• Excellent verbal, written communication and visual design skills
• Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
Wilton Brands LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire