Seeking experienced QA Analysts with manual testing for a large, established client in Cincinnati! This is a direct hire opportunity!
The Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
• Work with QA Manager to develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product
• Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
• Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
• Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
• Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
• Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
• Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
• Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to stakeholders and management.
• Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional
requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
• Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
• Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
Desired Skills and Experience
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire