The IT Security / Network Engineer position will provide infrastructure support staff with technical leadership as it pertains to design, configuration, prioritization, implementation, documentation and administration of all IT security and networking efforts. This position will also provide primary backup to the Systems Engineer supporting MERS.
This hands-on technical position will provide the organization with expertise as it applies to cyber-security in state-of-the-art infrastructures and services. The IT Security / Network Engineer may be involved with the installation, configuration, upgrading and troubleshooting of any security and network issues relating to infrastructure technologies. The IT Security / Network Engineer will be responsible for the development and implementation of standards, processes and procedures that conform to best practices outlined in NIST and COBIT standards. The IT Security Engineer will also be responsible for any business requirements primarily related to IT security and networking as it pertains to MERS computer services, customer connectivity, vendor connectivity and network performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
● Coordinates IT security including applications, hardware, software, network, and web, security. Ensures security is consistently applied across the organization.
● Coordinates the development and maintenance of organization IT security systems, policies, and controls.
● Identifies, communicates and mitigates risks associated with IT projects proactively.
● Utilizes a range of skills, tools and techniques to manage time while accomplishing strategic objectives. Organizes, prioritizes, schedules and adjusts approaches as needed.
● Recommends, develops, and tests new technology and develops solutions, documentation for IT Security or network projects.
● Works closely with the business and IT to develop cost effective, operationally supportable solutions that meet complex requirements.
● Directs customer communication, works closely with other technical teams and maintains deep technical knowledge of multiple technologies.
● Works closely with the Information Technology team to help apply a cyber-security perspective into the strategic roadmap for all technology related solutions.
● Assists in developing project cost-benefit estimates to establish project worth; including alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems, equipment installations, or change to existing ones.
● Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors for development, enhancement and upgrade solutions. Manages these vendors in troubleshooting situations.
● Negotiates pricing, terms/conditions and technical requirements with vendors.
● Provides solutions to IT audit requirements, including compliance with SAS-70 certification.
● Supports MERS data center and infrastructure 24×7 as needed.
● Manages Checkpoint firewall configuration and maintenance (all modules) at Primary and Disaster Recovery Sites.
● Manages VPN configuration and maintenance
● Manages LAN/WAN configuration and maintenance.
● Managers Cyber-Security Administration tools including but not limited to the following:
o Barracuda Application Firewall
o Solarwinds Monitoring
o Splunk Log and Event Manager
o Silver Peak Appliance for WAN Optimization
● Works independently, prioritizes assignments and meets deadlines
● Identifies new innovations for improving MERS technology and business services
● Prepares technical design documentation as needed for general reference, training, RFPs, contracts, etc. as needed
● Provides strategic, expert advice and consultation on the design and implementation of effective administrative and business processes, to include process analysis, redesign, reengineering, and organizational effectiveness
● Provides backup support to Systems Engineer supporting MERS
Major duties and responsibilities are listed above. This list indicates the kinds of work the person does, but in no way limits or modifies a supervisor’s right to change jobs or assign additional or different work to employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as, IT Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems etc. or equivalent experience required
● Cisco CCNA certification required, CCNA Security preferred
● Three or more years of direct experience in designing and maintaining IT Security solutions including implementation, configuration and management of IT security tools such as Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Prevention systems, etc. required.
● Three or more years of direct hands-on experience working within a data center and network infrastructure team including Ethernet networks with technologies such as gigabit copper and fiber, TCP/IP, VPN and Firewalls, etc. required
● Experience with VMware, VDI and related products preferred
● Experience with SAS-70 certification preferred
● Experience with NIST, PCI or other similar IT operations blueprints preferred
● Experience working in the pension related industry preferred
● ITIL Foundations certification and practices experience preferred
● Strong technical background skills in supporting IT infrastructure-related projects that involve networks, Microsoft server platforms, clustering and replication services
● Must have strong Cisco Networking skills
● Must have experience with Checkpoint Security Systems
● Knowledge of ASP.Net and other web technology security best practices preferred
● Knowledge of mobile technology security preferred
● Knowledge of OpenText, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Great Plains Accounting Systems Preferred
● Knowledge of Microsoft Windows workstation and server operating systems preferred
● Ability to make strong decisions is required
● Must have superior verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire