The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions for homes and businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT’s broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse® interactive home and business solutions, and health services, meet a range of customer needs for today’s active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT helps provide peace of mind to nearly seven million customers, and it employs approximately 17,500 people at 200 locations. More information is available at http://www.adt.com/.
The position provides knowledge, guidance, support, and administration of existing and new business applications that reside on ADT’s Web Platform suite of products, primarily IBM. The preferred candidate must take guidance, under general supervision, as to the use of these products and the enforcement of the architectural direction set by ADT. The candidate will be expected to adhere to the standards and review all processes before they are to be implemented into production. Upon reaching production, the candidate will set process and procedures to ensure the processes are adequately monitored, solution documents are created and maintained, and incident/problem identification and resolutions are documented and applied.
The IBM products include Message Queuing (MQ), Message Broker (MB), Data Power, Integrated Security Access Manager (ISAM, SAM, LDAP), and WebSphere Application Server (WAS). The operating systems supported are AIX and Linux. The candidate must be familiar with web services and data transformations. Experience with scripting solutions a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Technical Knowledge in the area of web platforms, specific IBM WebSphere product knowledge a plus
• Take guidance and collaborate from team members in the areas of:
• Incident resolution
• Problem solving
• Technical implementations
• Software Release and Upgrades
• Automation of process and procedure
• Perform projects, under general supervision, from conception, to implementation, to support
• Able to successfully participate in cross functional teams towards a common goal
• Provide input to production readiness disciplines across multiple teams, projects, and organizational units
• Thinks broadly to ensure enterprise needs are balanced against individual, specific project needs
• Ensure enterprise performance and reliability.
• Support and enhance automated systems by applying system solutions to business issues.
• Assist in the design, development, and implementation of test and production systems.
• Configure, analyze, and maintain systems and applications to support business processes and functions.
• Monitor and maintain performance metrics for system features, and recommend and develop corrective/preventive actions.
• Applies knowledge and experience with technology and application development methodologies to perform system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, file design, and storage.
• Work with cross-functional teams to identify technology modifications that will impact business processes.
• As required, perform configuration, change management, and testing activities.
• Provides support of all system/service components, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support.
• Collects information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems, research, plan, install, configure troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade system components and services.
• Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures and/or problems to define operational service needs.
• Troubleshoot and resolve HW, SW and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration, record and maintain HW and SW inventories, component licensing and user access and security.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to information and data being processed, stored or accessed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire