Mainframe Engineer with SAS ITRM (134813)
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life— and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We’re a company that doesn’t stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our IT group, you’ll have the opportunity to work on market-changing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Also enjoy competitive compensation, a first-class benefits package and generous relocation assistance.
This position is open to candidates in Colorado Springs, CO and Cleveland, OH
The Infrastructure Resource Services (IRS) organization within our infrastructure department (Enterprise Technology Services) is seeking a Mainframe Engineer with SAS ITRM experience. The position will work on project-based assignments with the Project Management Office and other areas within IT. In this role you will define project tasks, estimate and coordinate work efforts between groups, resolve or escalate issues, provide status updates on assigned deliverables, and test and implement solutions. Projects will be of a moderate to high complexity level where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
In addition to the technical aspects of the job, the successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and dependable production engineering skills, along with a solid understanding of operational and escalation support processes. Effective interpersonal and communication skills coupled with a strong technical aptitude and proven analytical skills are a key to success in this role. Occasional evening/night, weekend, and/or holiday hours may be required for project implementation assignments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or related field of study
- 4 years working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems
- In lieu of a degree, 6 years related experience working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems
- In-depth knowledge of:
- IT operations, such as operating systems components, utilities, production schedulers and system environment hardware components (e.g., CPU, disk and tape technologies
- Computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts
- Data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
- Knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards
- Knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns
- Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
- Analyzes data from various sources to determine next steps
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various levels of management and external vendors
- Organization skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- Ability to coach and help others learn knowledge or skills in a specific area
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Uses a variety of techniques to stay current with information technology trends and operational concepts and tools for solving technical problems
The successful candidate will have:
Capacity and Performance Management experience to predict infrastructure capacity requirements that will meet performance and availability SLAs
Candidates must understand mainframe workload sizing, tuning and balancing, and aid in migration/implementation of SAS/ITRM 2.7 to 3.4
z/OS and JES2 Commands
IBM Utilities: SAS, SAS/ITRM, RMF, MXG and knowledge of SMF
Dynamic Sizing – i.e. “Capacity and Performance Management”
WLM (Work Load Management)
Auto Soft Capping
- In addition to the technical aspects of the job, the successful candidate will be expected to display an excellent attention to detail, dependable production engineering skills, and a desire to promote the ETS – IRS organization to project counterparts
- In this role, as an Infrastructure Technical Specialist within IRS, a solid understanding of operational support processes and escalation processes are desired
• Gainshare bonus program of up to 30% of base salary. Gainshare is a bonus program given to all employees based on company profitability
• Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life) and a 401k plan
• Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
• Award winning, inclusive environment with Employee Resource Groups
• Flexible shifts, casual dress, and great corporate culture
• Child care subsidy
• On-site clinical care and fitness center
Showcase your unique skills and technical prowess at a company named to the CIO 100 and InformationWeek 500 lists!
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
• You’ll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
• After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
• A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
• This position requires candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
• Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive’s determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire