Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
As Aaron’s Manager, IT Compliance & Audit, you will be responsible for overseeing all information technology-related audit and compliance activities across the Company, its divisions and subsidiaries. This position will lead complex and multifaceted audits and assessments of information technology across all of Aaron’s and its operating companies and subsidiaries to include: planning, coordinating, managing and reporting on all technology related audit and compliance activities. This role will be responsible for providing objective assessments of the Company’s compliance with regulatory and organizational requirements governing the Company’s information technology systems. In addition to leading complex, multifaceted, and sensitive information technology audits under the direction of the Director, IT Compliance, this role will assist in developing and leading all of Aaron’s IT Compliance & Audit functions to include; completing thorough process reviews to assess key risk areas, develop detailed test of controls, and assessing compliance with applicable regulations.
• Manage enterprise-wide information technology audits and assessments, including SOX for Aaron’s and its operating companies and subsidiaries. This includes performing risk assessments, planning/scoping, audit program development, execution of audit procedures and communication of audit results to senior management.
• Perform risk assessments to identify all auditable activities and to evaluate the nature and significance of risk exposures within existing processes, systems, operations, and activities.
• Act as liaison between IT process owners, accounting, internal and external auditors to coordinate scoping, testing approaches, results and deficiencies.
• Prepare quarterly testing results presentations, review deficiencies and recommend solutions for remediation.
• Manage follow-up on open audit issues to ensure timely closure of action plans.
• Ensure that all IT audit and compliance projects are in conformance with professional and Company standards.
• Design and manage testing to assess risk, evaluate controls, safeguard assets, and analyze IT controls supporting financial reporting and operational processes.
• Recommend enterprise-wide and business unit policies and procedures to assure compliance and reduce risk.
• Utilize data analytics and/or CAATs to identify business risks.
• Develop recommendations to mitigate risks or correct control deficiencies or gaps.
• Coach, develop, and manage IT Compliance & Audit team members.
• Participate in special projects pertaining to IT Compliance initiatives.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 5-8 years of experience leading and managing IT audits or compliance reviews in medium to large corporate environments (Public Companies preferred) or equivalent Big 4 audit experience. The ideal candidate will possess retail and/or franchise or other regulated industry experience.
• B. A. or B. S. Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Finance, or Accounting. Master’s degree preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong understanding of IT General Controls (Logical Access, Change Management, IT operations).
• Strong understanding of network, operating system, application and database controls and configurations.
• Experience in managing and executing SOX testing, audits, or compliance projects.
• Strong project management skills and experience in managing multiple projects across different locations and time zones.
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of conducting IT audits including significant experience evaluating the relevance of control test results or deficiencies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to describe or explain complex processes and issues in a concise manner.
• Experience with Information Security, Privacy, IT Audit, Compliance & IT Management Standards: ISO27001/27002, PCI-DSS, SSAE-16 SOC1 & SOC2, SOX, NIST 800-53, COBIT, GAPP, & COSO.
• Ability to adapt and adjust and manage staff, supervise work or act as an individual contributor.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Ability to understand complex information systems, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional, geographically dispersed team environment.
• Ability to travel domestically (30%).
• One or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Privacy Professional ( CIPP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
A drug screen and criminal background investigation are required before beginning employment at Aaron’s. A job performance reference check is also required.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire