WZZM 13, a TEGNA Company, in Grand Rapids, MI is searching for a dynamic sales representative to join our multi-platform, market leading advertising team that focuses on developing customized marketing solutions for local businesses.
This sales position will be responsible for managing a current account list; however, the primary expectation will be on developing new business by selling television and digital advertising. This will require a heavy emphasis on prospecting, cold calling, and conducting outside business sales meetings in the West Michigan area.
Our culture thrives on creating and executing BIG ideas that provide customer solutions. If you are a high performer with previous sales experience (preferably in media) and an understanding of all digital platforms (PPC, SEO, Social Media, Online Display, Pre-Roll, etc)…we may have a place for you on our team!
Note: All candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree and have knowledge of marketing/advertising.
Summary Position Requirements:
- Responsible for all aspects of the selling process, from prospecting though campaign follow-up.
- Meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- A strong sales background with knowledge of online technologies.
- Excellent skills in the use of all most commonly used Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess a strong creative side that translates into the production of dynamic advertising creative concepts and campaigns.
- Strong customer orientation, exceptional written/verbal communication & presentation skills, persuasiveness, teamwork, problem solving skills, analytical ability, and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and flexibility to evolve and grow with a newly launched products.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at WZZM- you must complete the online application. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that does not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Sightline Media Group. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire