Enablement Solutions Architect (Network Programmability ESA) – Job Description
It is an exciting time to work with the WW Sales & Partner Training Organization. Every day we empower our Sales and System Engineering leaders to advance their technical, sales, and professional careers. We are a global team and our purpose is to build/develop the next generation sales force for Cisco.
As an Enablement Solutions Architect (ESA), you will provide technology and architecture leadership, aligned by architecture to build expertise and enable our sellers globally.
Primary Technology Focus Area: Software/Network Programmability
Job Family Summary: Enablement Solutions Architect (ESA) is responsible for the technical sales training, coaching and modeling of individuals at various stages in their sales, technical and professional careers. These programs include the Cisco Sales Associates Program (CSAP), Sales New-hire Acceleration Programs, as well as our mainstream Sales Organizations (SE and AMs) and our Partners.
A successful candidate for these global programs require the ability to develop Software & content, deliver training in Cisco network programmability solutions (including cross-architecture). Ability to position business relevance, articulate technical business solutions and outcomes selling approaches. The ESA role supports the Cisco Sales Associates Program (CSAP), Sales New-hire Acceleration Program (SNAP), as well as providing subject matter expertise for various launches, acquisitions and other global priorities, as required.
Skills required include; Strong background in Software Defined Networks (SDN), Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and associated programming, scripting and development languages. This role requires innovative thinking, broad networking knowledge, and the ability to present and explain technologies, software development environments and tie them to technical business solutions. Ability to connect with a diverse audience, providing expertise in Cisco’s architectures and how to apply them as solutions to business problems, selling and working successfully with Customers and Partners. The ability to stay connected with all business partners including the Architecture Teams, Business Units, Virtual Teams, Customers, Industry, and Field Sales Organizations to ensure the relevance and ongoing advancement of the programs.
* Architecture Alignment: Regularly meet with Network Programmability Enablement Architecture Lead (EAL), Enablement Technical Architects (ETAs), Distinguished Systems Engineers and align development efforts to the Symphony framework.
* Work closely with Architecture Teams, Business Units and subject matter experts as a resource for training topics and materials to meet program goals of being relevant, accurate and engaging
* Content Development: Work collaboratively with Instructional Designers, continuously refresh and develop course content and lead the team as a Software Dev/Ops subject matter expert (SME)
* Continuously evaluate technical curriculum and assessment materials relative to Cisco Business Climate (VTs, Industry, Company meetings, Earnings Calls, GSM Presentations, CiscoLIVE!, etc.)
* Develop and maintain course content, gamification, curriculum materials and assessment/exams Consult and leverage relationships with the appropriate organizations such as Sales, BU, VT, CPOC, GOLD Labs, TSN etc., to achieve joint organizational and business program goals
* Instructional Delivery: Live in-person technical/sales training to Associate Systems Engineers (ASE) and Associate Sales Representatives (ASR). Delivery may also include virtual platforms (such as our Digitally Connected Virtual Classroom/TelePresence), WebEx, video, etc.)
* Participate as part of CSAP innovation team exploring new technologies and methods of delivery
* Understand and apply architectural design principles to classes and reinforcements
* Recording Content: Confident with an exceptional ability to be “on camera” to deliver, diagram and record content in various forms
* Additional Duties: Provide individual and group coaching, modeling and feedback to maximize development plans
* Regularly serve as a resource to assess and provide development feedback to Learners and team
* Pursue ongoing hands-on technology exposure outside of the classroom to ensure relevancy
* Provides product / technical updates to the global program team
* Participate as part of global cross-functional team responsible for CSAP’s technology platforms enabling the Virtual Learning Experience (example: Digitally Connected Virtual Classroom technologies, Lightboard, Digital Whiteboards, Spark Rooms, etc.)
* Continuously strengthen your technical skills by attending/tracking SEVTs, hands on projects, labs, and technology and industry exposure.
* Independently manage program related projects
* Actively participate in recruiting efforts, as needed
* Evangelizes program success stories inside / outside the program
* Advance the global mission of the programs by driving initiatives related to program collaboration, innovation, consistency and cultural awareness
Background and Skill Sets:
* The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of customer-facing experience in Software Development, Software Systems Engineering, Consulting Systems Engineering or Sales roles with a specialization/focus in Software Development environments, specifically in the area of SDN/ACI.
* Strong foundation in SDN, Linux, APIs/SDKs, Open Source, OpenStack, SW Development Methodology and Tools, Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
* Strong software development skills (e.g., Python, Java, Model based service design, etc.)
* Deep knowledge of modern application development environments, tools, etc.
* Understanding of Application Programming Interfaces (e.g., REST, NETCONF, etc.)
* Understanding of virtualization and cloud delivery
* Familiarity with Networking technologies and services
* Familiarity with customer business models (e.g., NSPs, Content and Media, Web, etc.)Infrastructure Automation, DevOps (software development methodology), Cloud Platforms
* Focused on “business outcomes”, an ability to teach and articulate the business and technical benefits of Cisco’s architectural solutions
* High energy, enthusiastic and engaging with a global audience of learners, with varying levels of experience, from early-in-career through highly experienced
* Highly competent in white boarding designs, and concepts
* The ideal candidate must possess excellent customer presentation and storytelling skills
* Demonstrate keen business acumen with global perspectives
* Ability to observe, participate and accurately assess technical sales development plans
* Ongoing evaluation of talent and methods of assessing and measuring AM and SE competencies including technical and sales skills
* Maintain joint success and development of associates with our on-the-job experience partners; Customer Proof of Concept Labs, GOLD Labs, Technical Solution Network, Customer Briefing Centers and Global Virtual Sales
* Ability to lead cross functional programs and projects that result in shaping the strategy, success and sustainability of the curriculum and learning experience
Bachelor’s degree is required or 5+ years of Industry experience. Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Education, Instructional Technology, Organization Development, Training and Development or related field is preferred.
Domestic and International travel will be required.
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Design, Information Technology
Education 4 Year Degree
Experience At least 5 year(s)
Manages Others Not Specified
Industry Other Great Industries
Required Travel Not Specified
Job ID R1007601
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Submit your email address to continue to Cisco
Network Programmability Enablement Solutions Architect (ESA)
Enter notes about this job:
From (your email)
Please enter valid email address.
To (recipient’s email)
Please enter valid email address.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire