- Performs routine network / system commands, administration, tools, and utilities.
- Performs administrative language (shell) programming.
- Mentors and accepts trouble reports from operations and less experienced technical support personnel.
- Investigates and analyzes resource utilization and prepares reports.
- Optimizes the network infrastructure to maintain the highest possible level of performance and security.
- Plans for the replacement of obsolete resources that make up the enterprise network infrastructure.
- Recommends new software and hardware that provide new features/functions and prepares documentation to support recommendation of new software/hardware.
- Conducts appropriate, routine tests to ensure the proper working condition and security of developed and purchased software/hardware.
- Coordinates and schedules initial installation of new equipment or reinstallation of relocated equipment.
- Recommends improvements and changes to methods and procedures.
- Maintains an up-to-date technical and practical knowledge and understanding of system testing and analysis.
- Completes related administrative paperwork and reports as necessary.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Combinations of relevant education and work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by AFHI’s learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
With proper education credentials, five years relevant experience which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Progress towards, or completion of, industry recognized professional certification in LAN, WAN, UNIX or Database administration a plus.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent technical knowledge of networks including local area networks, wide area networks, Wireless and VPN.
- Knowledge of applications; i.e., Microsoft Server (2008, MSSQL), Exchange, Domain Name System (DNS), IIS, DHCP and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of routers, Firewalls, load balancers, Wan Optimizers, endpoint encryption, proxy servers, TCP/IP layers.
- Considerable knowledge of, and the ability to practically apply, necessary testing, practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply the principles of independent logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them for appropriate decision-making.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, establish workflows, and meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate factual and technical information with customers clearly and concisely.
- Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability and proficiency in the use of computers and company standard software.
Work is performed in an office setting. May be exposed to temperatures, which may be cooler than a normal office setting. Hazards: Possible injury in working with electronic equipment. Must follow safety and security procedures. Travel is required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an “at will” basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire