What will I do as an Operations Analyst?
The Sampling & Projections (S&P) team within IRI is part of the Global Operations division. Statistics-based methodologies and programs are maintained and executed by S&P in conjunction with the raw data supplied by retailers to project product sales across geographies within the United States and used by all IRI clients. Other production activities include providing information support materials and maintaining the universe of stores across all outlets. The team is ultimately responsible for the release, definition and labeling of all geographies which our clients purchase.
S&P also plays an integral role in developing new products and services which are offered within multiple delivery platforms, including the renowned ILD platform, for numerous data types (Point-of-sale, Audit and Panel). As new or revised systems are created, S&P plays a lead role in ensuring that data can be accessed by coordinating the required solutions with other internal organizations. The environment is fast-paced and extremely challenging.
Analysts are hired for this entry-level position and trained on individual components of S&P processes. After mastering these processes successfully, an in-depth knowledge of company infrastructure and cross-functional dependencies will be acquired.
What are the responsibilities of an Operations Analyst?
– Execute projection tasks required to complete project work, especially as it relates to new or revised outlets
and projection systems.
– Provide accurate geography and projection information using a set of standardized tools which allow for fact-based
decisions; usually involves indirect client interaction via Client Service and Product Management organizations.
– Work with internal and external team members, some of whom may be in leadership positions, to plan and execute process,
functionality and product enhancements.
– Investigate geography and projection-related issues and develop recommendations for resolutions.
– Coordinate solutions across departments to ensure that changes made internally do not have negative downstream i
– Create and maintain process documentation to ensure consistent, high quality work standards.
– Support offshore teams to ensure delivery deadlines and quality standards are met.
What are the requirements of an Operations Analyst?
– Bachelor’s degree
– 0 – 2 years of work experience
– Positive attitude; self-motivating; team player; enjoys learning; creative thinker
– Excellent written and oral communication
– Demonstrated attention to detail
– Strong problem solving, analytical, organizational, and project management skills
– Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines; proactive follow-up
– Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software
– Unix computer skills and/or some SAS knowledge a plus (not required)
– Limited evening / weekend work
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world’s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us here and on YouTube.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, back-up child care, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people – the best in the business.
We’re thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new “aha moments!” by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire