Job Classification: Contract Full-Time
We have a 6 month+ contract with a potential to convert to perm for a Performance Test Engineer with our direct client in downtown Atlanta, GA. Our client needs an individual that has the ability to apply analytical skills to proven testing methodologies in order to ensure successful software solution delivery. The Performance Test Engineer should possess expertise in performance engineering with the emphasis on test methodologies, quality assurance of high availability web applications, capacity planning, trouble shooting distributed software architectures, formulating implementation best practices, and has a high success rate in solving operational related deficiencies.
Performance Test Engineer Responsibilities:
– Designing performance test scripts and scenarios for various types of test objectives in a multitude of different technologies and enable diverse types of performance analysis.
– Conducting performance tests on a recurring basis, facilitating the mitigation of the performance risks from new application releases, application updates, system configuration changes and platform migrations.
– Collaborating with development engineering peers to expose, investigate and remediate performance issues.
– Delivering timely and high quality performance remediation focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
– Initiating and participating in triage meetings to share knowledge about performance issues with other engineers and to efficiently resolve application performance problems.
– Leveraging the knowledge of the application’s technical environment to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Performance Test Engineer Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
– BS/BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related degree preferred.
– Hands on experience with performance testing (HP Performance Center/LoadRunner, HP ALM, and HP Diagnostics experience preferred).
– Hands on experience with root cause analysis (Dynatrace, DCRUM, or similar application performance diagnostics profiling, bottleneck identification, and root cause analysis tools experience preferred).
– Strong software development skills using Java, web application technologies, and / or Unix Shell scripting in a service oriented architecture and/or knowledge of good coding practices and improving code quality.
– Experience in Server Side Java, J2EE, JSP/JSTL, Servlets, Spring, JAXB, JAX-WS, SQL, JUnit, and Tomcat.
– Strong knowledge of database concepts including SQL server and Oracle.
– In depth Understanding of Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems, internet principles and statistical data analysis.
– Good working knowledge of distributed systems, web infrastructure and protocols, network architectures and distributed transaction processing.
– Strong technical writing skills and familiarity with collaboration and communication tools like Microsoft SharePoint, JIRA, and ServiceNow.
– Ability to effectively communicate and escalate issues to team leads, managers and executives on technical and business issues relating to performance.
– Strong organizational, time management, project management, and negotiation skills.
– Able to function and contribute to a team-oriented environment both onsite and also remotely from offsite locations.
– Strong analysis skills with ability to identify and document test plans, defects, and test results.
– Strong knowledge of .NET, C # and Visual Basic including macro’s and scripting for testing tools.
– Strong understanding of IT infrastructure and the ability to isolate performance issues at any tier.
– Excellent root cause analysis & problem solving skills.
– Working knowledge of TCP/IP and IP multicast.
– Experience in automation with scripting languages.
– Certifications in web development, programming, system architecture and/or performance tools are preferred.
Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug test
Unable to sponsor at this time
Absolutely no remote / no telecommute
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire