Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Local Unit & Position Description
Local Unit & Position Description
Brief Team and Position Summary:
DNV GL Energy Advisory is expanding its renewable integration and real-time modeling practice and is seeking an experienced power systems expert to join the Market and Policy Development group. This role is focused on leading consulting efforts that help our clients manage integration of renewable energy, and to develop innovative market designs and real-time energy system modeling techniques. The consultant will have a lead role in supporting ISOs/RTOs/Balancing Authorities as well as power companies and technology developers. This position is located in Oakland, CA (preferred), Arlington VA; Burlington, MA; or Chalfont PA.
Tasks May Include: (Essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Develop new business with clients focused on reliability and systems operations, in particular ISOs and Balancing Authorities
- Lead consulting projects in the areas of renewables integration, system reliability, and economic analysis for a wide variety of clients, often under tight deadlines and budgets
- Develop mathematical models of electricity markets and electric systems operations using state of the art mathematics, statistics, operations research and engineering in support of consulting projects
- Support the Market and Policy Development team in DNV GL by developing winning project proposals and marketing materials to promote real-time market analytics and reliability research
- Monitor wholesale energy market developments such as changes in market rules and regulations relevant for ISOs and market participants
- Conduct qualitative primary and secondary research related to energy markets, energy strategy and infrastructure systems, or related to client requests to develop thought leading analysis on a regular basis
- Present research and project work to a wide variety of audiences, ranging from technical conferences to client senior management teams
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire