TEKsystems is looking for a QA Tester for a contract to hire opportunity with a client in Phoenix, AZ. This client is looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience testing data integrity and accuracy in a data warehouse or business intelligence environment.
* Performs hands-on manual functional and automated testing, mostly tests for accuracy and integrity in the ETL (transfer) of new data from new data sources into a data warehouse
* Inspects, decomposes, and challenges user stories (business and functional requirements), asking useful questions to drive toward clarity, resulting in an sound test approach
* Participates in a cross-functional scrum team as an agile tester, including participating in user reviews, grooming, planning, and retrospectives
* Performs hands-on functional and automated product testing
* Ensures a constant and accurate flow of information to the project on the progress of testing, issues, risks, and the state of the product
* Assists programmer analysts in reproducing and troubleshooting issues identified in testing
* Ensures dependability and accuracy of data (including transformations and calculations) used by applications and dashboards by utilizing a variety of testing techniques
* Writes and maintains test assets such as test plans, test cases, test scripts, test data, test results, and test tools in a suitable state for quick reuse
* Provides estimates for test activities to requestors
* Actively pursues and develops automated tests where appropriate to provide periodic, repeatable coverage and reduce regression testing expense
* Serves as a go-to test resource/domain expert for fellow testers as well as other team members
* Provides testing direction to less experienced staff and/or develops and executes highly complex testing.
* Continually develops understanding of the system, its architecture, and operation and shares this with fellow team members
* Continually develops understanding of QA best practices, tools, and methods and shares this with fellow team members
* 3+ years’ testing/quality assurance experience with good test design skills
* Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and processes. * Agile mindset (believes in working iteratively (no big design/document upfront), collaborative, uses risk-based testing, embraces change). Professional working knowledge of Agile Software development methodologies is a plus.
* Strong experience with database technologies such as Oracle, SQL, Teradata, including queries and data verification
* Strong experience with testing ETL jobs and processes
* Solid experience with testing Business Intelligence data warehouse structures (facts, dimensions, etc.)
* Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team that does not utilize heavy documentation.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, with both technical and non-technical people)
* Solid experience with effectively leveraging tools such as Microsoft Test Manager, Telerik Test Studio, HP Quality Center/ALM Suite, QTP, LoadRunner, VersionOne.
About TEKsystems: Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants’ skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems’ leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire