The Regional IT Technician is responsible for maintenance and support of all office automation and communications equipment. Must be able to troubleshoot computer-related problems and resolve issues. Provides technical assistance to all laboratory employees within the assigned region. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works with Supervisor to solve problems and standardize laboratory IT equipment and processes.
2. Responsible for tracking computers and equipment that each employee has throughout laboratory.
3. Manages software and hardware for all computer applications to give users legal and operational equipment to perform daily tasks for multiple locations.
4. Sets up new computers assigned to TestAmerica employees.
5. Troubleshoots problems throughout laboratory relating to computers, software, telephones and other electronic equipment.
6. Installs or upgrades computers and other equipment for multiple locations.
7. Provides after hour on-call support to keep network and PC’s functioning properly.
8. Maintains backups for multiple computer servers and locations.
1. Resolves networking issues reported by laboratory employees.
2. Makes service calls for equipment repair or replacement.
3. Installs and maintains network and telephone wiring and connections for access throughout laboratory.
4. Monitors users and system accounts to ensure network and computers are used appropriately.
BS/BA in Computer Science or related technical field. 6-8 years related work experience in computers or laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
2 -4 years experience
* Computer systems and layouts
* Able to troubleshoot computer, printer, backup and network issues and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
* Familiar with remote tools and can work remotely by communicating with non-technical persons.
* Some supervision and guidance needed to accomplish tasks or prioritize tasks.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of organization
Material and Equipment Used
* Analytical laboratory instruments
* Equipment instruments
* System manuals
* QA policies
* Personal protective equipment when in laboratory areas
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire