* Education: Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Hard Science, Social Science or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in data mining with various tools.
* 5+ years of experience building and applying statistical models.
* 5+ years of experience designing and executing SQL/Cypher queries.
* 2+ years of experience in linear programming and optimization.
* 2+ years of experience extracting and parsing unstructured data (e.g., JSON).
* Proficient in R, Python, or equivalent.
* Familiarity with Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Hive or equivalent software.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills.
* Has the initiative to chase down and evaluate new data sources and analytical solutions relevant to solving business problems.
* Demonstrated practical experience with machine learning algorithms.
* Experience communicating insights from complex data to non-technical audiences.
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Akamai® is the leading content delivery network (CDN) providing cloud services that help deliver, optimize, and secure online content and business applications. At the foundation of Akamai solutions, the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ enables unmatched speed, reliability, and security–backed by expertise and relentless innovation–to improve reach and invisibility across the web. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to more securely leverage the cloud. To learn how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, visit www.akamai.com, and follow @Akamaijobs on Twitter.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segments: Database, Engineer, Social Media, Data Analyst, Statistics, Technology, Engineering, Marketing, Data
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire