Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
We are currently seeking to hire a Software Application Engineer to our team. The individual will be responsible for enabling teams to innovate and deliver functionality through the software lifecycles. The Software Application Engineer will concentrate efforts on: Scripting, Web development, Software configuration management, Version Management, Change/release Management, Build and Continuous Integration
The role will involve setting up tools for software lifecycle management, monitoring the SCM process for compliance to regulatory guidelines, and automating the processes through scripting and third party tool integrations. This person should be familiar with tools like Accurev, IBM RTC and Jira and various other Software Configuration Management tool implementations and administration. This candidate should also be well versed in all processes that span the Software Development Lifecycle.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Tool administration of SCM tools like IBM RTC, Accurev, Jira
- Web development
- Working closely with development team to develop ongoing strategy for SCM
- Understand automation practices at an expert level and evangelize benefits of the new platform both externally and internally
- Optimize builds, tests, and deployment workflows across multiple teams
- Ability to plan projects and track progress
- Documenting the process, plans and monitoring compliance.
- Expected to meet high level software engineering standards in a timely manner
- Creates periodical status reports for key functions
- Works as part of a software engineering team using source control concepts
We are seeking experienced programmers with:
- Experience/Knowledge across software development lifecycle: development, testing, configuration management, and deployments
- Experience with scripting and programming languages such as python, bash, C script or perl
- Experience with databases and producing various reports from the databases
- Self-starter, capable of identifying technology/tools that can be leveraged to improve efficiency of development teams
- Experience using and administering configuration management tools and automation is a plus
- Experience on platform like Jira is a plus
- Willing to learn new tools and techniques and work in a fast paced environment are a must
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire