This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned software engineer with a passion for reliability, availability, consistency, security and high performance allowing him to apply state-of-the-art, big-data techniques within our cloud infrastructure and work within a very high-demand business area.
It is an opportunity to develop an expertise in leading-edge technologies while implementing elegant software solutions for big data applications, opportunity to display skills building, maintaining, and troubleshooting products running on the top of our robust, scalable platform.
• Design and implement software solution utilizing programming languages like Java, Python etc.
• Utilize high volume data stores, implement complex data/relationship algorithms.
• Integrate with cloud services and APIs.
• Interface with members of other teams to provide and obtain information and to design and build products and solutions based on requirements.
• Build prototypes writes and reviews server-side code for robust high-volume data-processing production applications
• Evaluate proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products.
• Write/review technical requirement documents and system level test plans
• Design and develop new features and enhancements on our security platform
• BS/MS in computer science or other relevant technical degree
• 5+ years of experience in complex, large-scale enterprise-class application development
• Java/Scala/C expertise along with Python,Perl or other scripting languages
• In-depth knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Strong expertise with concurrency and/or transactions
• Comfortable working in a Unix development environment
• Experience with Hadoop and MapReduce technologies
• Experience with design and development of large scale, high volume distributed data-processing systems
• Passion for data insights and analysis
• Ability to conceptualize, analyze and explain complex and abstract problems, communicate design rationale and build consensus
• Self starter working effectively individually as well as collaboratively
• Experience with a network distributed caching
• Familiarity with data warehousing concepts/methodologies, columnar and relational databases, strong SQL and query optimization
• Experience with applied machine learning.
• Experience with Virtualization and Cloud technologies like Amazon AWS or Rackspace.
• Experience with secure production deployments to cloud environments
The successful candidate will be comfortable engaging in healthy debate with team members and lead the development of production-quality code as required. Development will be done in a Unix-based environment and will leverage both off-the-shelf/open-source technologies, as well as in-house engineering. Need to call out cloud infrastructure, big data, graph store, column DB, Hadoop, MapReduce
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Information Technology
Education Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Manages Others Not Specified
Industry Other Great Industries
Required Travel Not Specified
Job ID R1005703
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Submit your email address to continue to Cisco
Enter notes about this job:
From (your email)
Please enter valid email address.
To (recipient’s email)
Please enter valid email address.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire