The Business Entity
The Cisco UCS VIC adapter software development team is looking for an expert software developer, to design and implement I/O solutions for the UCS product family deployments in modern virtualized data centers.
Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into cloud computing. Champion new methodologies and create scalable software solutions that
help build next generation data centers. The ideal candidate demonstrates a deep I/O technical and implementation focus. Broad knowledge of and exposure to embedded
systems, sever, networking or storage systems software development are essential for success in this role.
Role & Responsibilities
Essential to the role are the capability and the will to learn, understand, implement, improve, explain, promote Cisco VIC based innovative networking and/or storage technologies. Part of the job are design and development responsibilities in at least one of the following areas:
– Firmware for high speed networking or storage adapters/linecards
– Firmware for PCIe devices or inter-connects
– Ethernet NIC device drivers for either Windows, or Linux/ESX
– Storage HBA device drivers for either Windows, or Linux/ESX
– ASIC based networking features and processing offloads for UCS deployments in enterprise/provider virtualized data centers, network edge, cloud and SDN.
– ASIC based storage features and processing offloads for initiator/target modes in enterprise/provider virtualized data centers and cloud.
– Networking control and management planes protocols, including interactions with the UCS Manager and the Cisco Nexus operating system.
The role requires strong working experience in C programming.
The role requires senior level working experience in at least one of the following technology areas:
– embedded systems software/firmware development for networking/storage adapters, such as physical/MAC layer, NCSI, I2C/SMBus, BIOS/BMC interfaces, SAN/PXE/iSCSI boot
– PCIe sub-systems or inter-connects, such as SR-IOV
– networking protocols, including L2 Ethernet switching and TCP/IP
– storage protocols, such as FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, SCSI
– network or storage device drivers development in either Linux, Windows, ESX
– kernel, hypervisor or virtual machine monitor development, such as Hyper-V, ESX, KVM, Xen, OVM
– high performance and/or low latency I/O, such as RDMA
– Data center networking development, such as DCBX/PFC, NIV/802.1BR, QoS, L2/L3 switching, forwarding ASICs, ACL, SPAN/ERSPAN, tunneling, L4-L7 networking protocols or services including TCP Proxy, Load Balancers, network firewalls, network processors, NetFlow, VxLAN/NVGRE, OpenFlow, DPDK
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been
since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces,
including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented
disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with
like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work.
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Engineering, Information Technology
Education Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Manages Others Not Specified
Industry Other Great Industries
Required Travel Not Specified
Job ID R1003351
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Submit your email address to continue to Cisco
Enter notes about this job:
From (your email)
Please enter valid email address.
To (recipient’s email)
Please enter valid email address.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire