The Business Entity
Behind our API and the User Interface that our users see is the architecture, built by the ThreatGRID Team, to analyze in excess of five (5) million malware samples a month. We take pleasure in breaking our infrastructure every day in order to build a better and more efficient platform. We’re always on call to keep our infrastructure up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The team is self-motivated by the challenge put in front of them. We enjoy discovering new tools and methodologies to solve problems. We are a talented team that works well together to meet deadlines and milestones.
Role & Responsibilities
You will work closely with the development and engineering teams to install and manage production releases for the ThreatGRID platform. You will also be required to monitor the staging and production environments, and if necessary work to resolve any system or operational issues. You will also support and improve on existing monitoring and alarming capabilities of all assigned applications.
● Research, identify, evaluate, and recommend network and system architecture to help further our ability to perform better analysis at scale
● Work with team members to develop requirements to support emerging network technologies in support of ThreatGRID’s service
● Support and lead implementation of hardware, network and monitoring tools within ThreatGRID’s infrastructure
● Monitor the staging and production environments, and if necessary work as to resolve any system or operational issues
● Automate application monitoring and alerting
● Develop and implement software tools, documentation and procedures to accurately monitor the ThreatGRID infrastructure on a daily basis with early warning indicators
● Assist in the gathering of metrics and performance trends for analysis and tuning
● Assist in reviewing and refining requirements for systems development and maintenance projects
● Provide input and feedback to the development team to resolve customer problems, application issues, and concerns that require production and infrastructure changes
● Strong knowledge of Linux servers in high performance clusters
● Familiarity with OpenSolaris administration and maintenance
● Experience with the implementation and management of storage pools using ZFS, NFS and iSCSI
● Good understanding of network transports, protocols, and performance implications
● Experience with management of nontrivial Postgres databases
● Experience administering, monitoring and tuning complicated IPTables firewalls
● Capable of automating tasks and improving automation written in Python and Bourne Shell
● Familiarity with Clojure, Go and C considered a plus, but not a requirement
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
@ciscojobs is #hiring #softwareengineer #ThreatGRID #Linux #sOpenSolaris #Austin #job
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Engineering, Information Technology
Education Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Manages Others Not Specified
Industry Other Great Industries
Required Travel Not Specified
Job ID R1006339
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Submit your email address to continue to Cisco
Enter notes about this job:
From (your email)
Please enter valid email address.
To (recipient’s email)
Please enter valid email address.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire