Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
Specific Job Description:
Vencore’s Multi-INT Analysis Center is forming an advanced computational environment to support predictive analysis of complex systems. The combined engineering and software team will innovate and integrate relational data flows and complex engineering models to explore Multi-INT architecture methods and performance. The successful candidate will be part of the software team responsible for delivering models of engineering designs, analyzing the output of those models, and enhancing/maintaining those models. On-going efforts will also include incorporating new methodologies and improving software performance as the program evolves.
Specific task responsibilities include:
- Develop mission-based models of current and future enterprise capabilities
- Perform multiple technical tasks in software design, implementation, and integration projects
- Independently perform complex software development tasks
- Ensure efficient delivery of capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Analyze detailed software requirements and specifications for the architecture
- Support systems engineering technical exchanges and meetings
- Manage product deliverable schedules to meet customer requirements
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems or related technical field
- 10+ years’ experience in developing software applications and data architectures supporting systems engineering/development effort
- Experience with Software Life Cycle Management, Software License Management, and Configuration Control and Software Baseline
- Experience with .NET desktop application development (e.g. C#), including Task Parallel Library (TPL), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Window Presentation Foundation (WPF), Prism and Unity
- Experience with AGI STK Components Library, including Dynamic Geometry Library, Insight3D, Route Creation Library, Terrain Analysis Library (desired)
- Experience with Neo4j NOSQL graph database (desired)
- Experience in Data Modeling, Relational Database RDBMS (e.g., MS SQL Server or similar), SQL, Database administration, Database ORM (e.g. Entity Framework) (desired)
- Experience with Data Distribution Service (DDS) or other network middleware layers (desired)
- Experience with computational scaling, distributed application technologies, and software performance optimization
- Experience with Data Mining, Analysis, Performance Analysis, Predictive Analytics and Reporting using numerous methods and tools
- Experience with system modeling and discrete event simulation techniques
- Excellent oral presentation and writing skills
- Experience with MS Excel, SAS, Perl, Python, MATLAB (desired)
- Familiarity with User Interface Development and Data Visualization (desired)
- Working Knowledge of Customer System, Domain and Interfaces (desired)
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire