Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WACH has an exciting opportunity for a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)/Producer. Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. This position will also help produce in the sports department. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television
- Sharp news judgment
- Excellent technical skills
- The ability to work well independently
- You must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
- Ability to working well in a fast- paced environment is essential
- Must have strong writing and news judgment skills
- Experience with live shots is required
- Experience with Live-U is a plus
- Education in journalism or mass communications with previous television experience
- Non-linear video editing is a plus as is control room experience
- Experience editing compelling video and sound is a must
While completing the online application http://sbgi.net please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a web link of your work, apply online and then rush a cover letter, resume and non-returnable DVD of your work or writing samples to: News Director, WACH 1400 Pickens St., 6th Floor, Columbia SC 29201.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire