Sr. Software Engineer
Lead design of software solutions that fulfill requirements, code modules to the design specifications, deploy and unit test software, troubleshoot issues and produce detailed proposals to resolve issues. Implement CMMI compliant processes for software development, coach team members on adherence to coding standards, and train developers in new systems. Research and evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and implement as appropriate.
Essential Job Duties:
• Consult on requirements elicitation and definition
• Design software solutions per systems requirements
• Code software solutions per designs
• Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules
• Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing guidance and training
• Support testing and remediate bugs
• Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of production logs and data
• Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to incorporate into coding standards
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience:
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience,
• 8+ years of related experience in design and development of complex applications
• Enterprise level IT experience with structured methodologies for systems development
• Team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience and hands-on involvement in software development using JAVA and SQL
• Proven experience leading all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Understanding and experience working with data warehousing concepts and tools
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment
• Ability to successfully execute multiple complex tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience doing written evaluation of tools, technologies, and methodologies for software development. Experience with the following tools and technologies: .NET Development (ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET), ILS, SQL Server, and PL/SQL.
• Enterprise level database design, SQL, and performance tuning experience
• Experience with iOS and Android development is a plus
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
MAXIMUS is a leading health and human services administrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. We deliver administrative solutions to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs, such as Medicaid, Medicare, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Health Insurance BC (British Columbia), as well as welfare-to-work and child support enforcement programs across the globe. Our primary customer base includes federal, provincial, state, county and municipal governments. MAXIMUS has more than 7,000 employees located in more than 220 offices worldwide.
We offer the following value propositions to potential employees:
Respect for Contributions
MAXIMUS fosters a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. We believe our differences spark innovation, develop leadership and drive exceptional performance. We have a dynamic program to achieve organization-wide diversity and we recognize that our culture strengthens our collective commitment to Helping Government Serve the People®.
A Culture of Teamwork
MAXIMUS provides a team-oriented environment, and we are proud of our collective effort to become the leading provider for the administration of government health and human services programs.
An Engaging Work Environment
At MAXIMUS, our employees are our most valuable asset and we remain dedicated to providing them with an engaging and supportive work environment and meaningful jobs that contribute to the goals of the Company.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire