- Manage assigned personnel, allocate work and make decisions regarding employment, performance appraisal, training and development, salary recommendations, promotion and transfer.
- Manage / oversee the teams service desk queue’s and lead the support team during any network related priority incidents
- Ensure that all systems meet current and anticipated availability and capacity requirements.
- Develop, implement, and assure all systems adherence to policies and procedures
- Ensures appropriate system design including emergency planning, remote system management, room for expansion, back-ups and redundancy
- Communicate relevant activities to PCG Management affected by changes or problems with the Enterprise systems.
- Interface with vendors for product information, maintenance, billing, contract issues, and the timely resolution of escalated problems.
- Provide Project management and overall leadership for projects and initiatives.
- Evaluating and creating proposals for technology architectures that cross multiple IT areas.
- Interface with Sr. Management on business requirements/goals and translate them into technical specifications with solution proposals.
- Author architecture and design proposals aligned to business requirements.
- Lead proof of concept engagements and evaluate next generation architectures and solutions.
- Fully manage the complete life-cycle of a project engagement, including research, design, planning, implementation, operations and project management.
- Top level escalation support for Engineers in implementations and troubleshooting teams.
- Manage cross-functional training for engineering teams on specific solutions.
- Document and present design and implementation proposals to Sr. Management for approval.
- Research new and existing technologies and provide recommendations.
- Lead efforts to secure the PCG Enterprise Systems by evaluating and implementing advanced security features.
- Create and maintain the standard for low-level design documentation and templates.
- Create and maintain the method of procedures for all PCG System changes to the Infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving for system and application issues.
- Configure and assist with implementation of hardware, software, storage, VMware.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and/or a minimum of 10+ years of equivalent work experience.
- 7 + years’ experience leading, training, mentoring a systems engineering team
- In depth understanding and experience with Enterprise systems technologies
- Strong technical project management and engineering skills are mandatory
- Excellent communication, presentation and vendor relation skills coupled with advanced systems engineering experience in an enterprise environment.
- Strong fundamental and in depth experience with load balancing systems, appliances and services
- Experience working in virtualized environments with in-depth knowledge of business applications, integrations and IT infrastructure – DBs, Platforms, Enterprise Storage, Cloud Technologies (vSphere/vCloud
- Solid understanding with both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong documentation skills and can publish written standards for use by peers
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent customer service focus and analytical problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster recovery strategies for testing and verification of technical solutions established for recovery operations.
Position Detail/Essential Functions:
Senior Network Security Engineer
This position is for Senior Network Security Engineer with expertise in Firewalls (Fortigate and Checkpoint) supporting an Enterprise Network environment. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of relevant work experience in Network Security.
Act as the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provide technical guidance to the team. Responsible for troubleshooting, installing, implementing, and administering network security systems and providing tier II and tier III support. Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Configure, administer, and document firewall infrastructure.
- Manage the firewall deployment, rules migrations, and firewall administration.
- Responsible for converting existing rule base onto new platforms Checkpoint to Fortigate.
- Fully versed in the syntax of security platforms, and rule verification
- Insure that notification is sent to all Stakeholders for required changes/upgrades
- Represent the changes at the weekly change review meetings and update network diagrams and all other applicable documents.
The individual will collaborates with Network Engineering and Project Management to create and implement custom solutions that adhere to existing design standards. Assist in developing new network security standards. Provide expert level research and analysis for planning, organizing, and managing corporate-wide network security functions.
Focused expertise required in firewalls, remote access and application proxy environments with design, implementation, troubleshooting and support of large scale enterprise responsibilities.
Develop lab scenarios to mock user environments and test components of proposed solutions.
This role provides input into the security technology plan for the organization, and ensures that plans for their assigned technology discipline integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical infrastructure.
This Engineer will also be expected to deliver detailed project documentation to both the customer and operations that fully describes new implementations and that is used as the primary reference for day-to-day management.
This individual will be capable of installing, troubleshooting and configuring all network security components and to be able to provide as-built training on the offering to junior engineers.
The person in this role is expected to respond to high impact issues on a 24×7 basis, participating in a rotating on-call schedule with other team members.
Thorough knowledge on advanced TCP/IP concepts, switching, routing protocols Layer 2, Layer 3 protocols and F5.
•At least 7 years of experience in deploying, configuring, and administering firewalls.
•Hands on experience with network protocols (OSPF, BGP, VLAN, VPc, TCP/IP, etc).
•Experience securing a large inter network establishing and enforcing policies and monitoring access.
Proven track record in the following skills/abilities:
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Process Orientation
- Self-motivated, deals with ambiguity
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
10+ years of relevant IT work experience.
Public Consulting Group, Inc. complies with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, which prohibits discrimination by Federal government contractors and subcontractors against individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action on behalf of qualified individuals with disabilities. Public Consulting Group, Inc. also complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), which prohibits employment discrimination against protected veterans by covered Federal contractors and subcontractors and requires each covered Federal contractor and subcontractor to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment these veterans.
If you have a disability or are a veteran covered by the program, please notify us by contacting a Human Resources representative. Submission of this information is voluntary, and your refusal to provide it will not cause you to be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion, or discrimination because you engage or may engage in any of the following activities:
1. Filing a complaint;
2. Assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance evaluation, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of Section 503 or VEVRAA or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities or protected veterans;
3. Opposing any act or practice made unlawful by Section 503 or VEVRAA or their implementing regulations or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for protected veterans or individuals with disabilities; or
4. Exercising any other right protected by VEVRAA or by Section 503 or their implementing regulations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
Public Consulting Group, Inc. pledges full support to the Affirmative Action Program and policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended, as well as applicable state and local laws, directives, and regulations. Public Consulting Group, Inc. recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status. We ensure that hiring and promotion decisions are in accord with equal employment opportunity principles by imposing only requirements that are job related and do not have an adverse impact, and that other employment decisions further the principle of equal employment opportunity. Public Consulting Group, Inc. ensures that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, return from layoff, and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to protected group status.
Equal opportunity can only be achieved through demonstrated leadership and aggressive implementation of a viable Affirmative Action Program. Our Affirmative Action Program sets forth specific affirmative action and equal employment opportunity responsibilities of managers, supervisors, and all employees. It is incumbent that employees not discriminate in any policy, practice, or procedure on the basis of protected group status. All employees are expected to make every reasonable effort to carry out their Affirmative Action Program responsibilities in spirit, as well as in letter, to assure that equal opportunity is available to all. We further expect all employees to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, all other employees and to demonstrate commitment to the Company’s equal employment opportunity and affirmative action objectives.
Administrative responsibility for this vital Affirmative Action Program, including regular monitoring and periodic reporting to top management, is delegated to EO Administrator Public Consulting Group, Inc.. This program is available for review upon request by any applicant or employee by contacting the EO Administrator during regular business hours.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire