Title: UI Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contract Duration: 10 weeks
You’ve read the headlines – data breaches are rampant and it’s not because organizations aren’t spending enough money on IT security.
In fact, we are spending more than ever while breaches persist and grow in impact.
Traditional IT security needs an overhaul that focuses on effective design and usability – especially in rapidly changing public and private cloud environments.
THIS is where you come in.
The VMware Security Products Group (SPG) knows that making security easy to use means that it is more likely to be used, correctly. And this means better security in the long run.
VMware SPG is a new and exciting team within the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU), focused on building new security solutions for the software-defined data center.
We are seeking a Staff UI Engineer with full stack experience to join our team.
As a Staff UI Engineer, you will work in an exciting and engaging agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, and share new ideas.
You must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners, and internal teams in both small and large group settings, and feel passionate about building a best of class User Interface for our next
generation security solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive in the design, implementation, document of client-side architecture initiatives and full product development life cycles
- Drive the process of developing user models, designing and prototyping user interfaces
- Collaborate with project team members and cross-functional product teams to develop features for our platform
- Participate in visual design and implementation process
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best in usability
- Innovate and coach others to innovate.
- Provide technical leadership to team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability and future expansion
- Formal degree in computer science or equivalent
- Extensive experience with rich web client technologies
- Practical experience with at least one modern web-app framework such as ExtJS
- Strong sense of product usability; be a user advocate
- Solid background in OOP, object and data modeling
- Capable of providing interaction design and visual design
- Experience in design of service interface and public APIs
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Virtualization technologies, centralized networking management are big plus
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills
About Our Team
VMware Security Products Group (SPG) is part of the rapidly growing Network and Security Business Unit (NSBU) at VMware.
Our goal is the development of new security solutions for IT security stakeholders in the software-defined data center, both in private and public cloud environments.
The team is excited to be actively building new security solutions that integrate with VMware’s industry leading virtualization platforms.
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our client’s workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire