USER INTERFACE/USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
The User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer will own all aspects of the look and feel and collaborate on functional design of Minacs Marketing Solutions software products and will make sure that user interface is designed to meet or support user needs and goals while also satisfying systems requirements and business objectives.
Experience and knowledge designing and testing for responsive design (web, mobile, social) is required. The likely candidate will bring conceptual, design and technical thinking to each project and be able to see each project through from start to finish. We are looking for someone who is innovative, creative, energetic, and detail oriented.
- Work closely with business analysts, product managers and client user groups to ensure that user experience requirements and objectives are met
- Create and be accountable for creating, workflows, information architecture, schematics, wireframes, affinity diagrams, prototypes and interface guidelines
- Create user needs documentation including heuristic evaluations, persona development, and comparative analysis and concept models
- Ensure a cohesive user interface by contributing to the development and maintenance of a style guide/ pattern library
- Help design usability test plans and reports
- Ensure design concepts are a marriage of form and function
- Understand client needs
- Communicate and present designs in a professional and cohesive manner
- Help implement user experience strategies by serving on teams as the user experience expert and advocate
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to ensure a visual, conceptual and functional consistency throughout the user experience
- Contribute to the creation, adoption and improvement of design patterns and guidelines and their consistent deployment across the digital platform
- Test concepts through usability studies, paper prototyping and other research
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four year college or university or equivalent required.
Experience / Skill:
- At least 5 years of experience in Information Architecture/ Interaction Design
- Experience with UI/UX for applications used in Marketing, Automotive Retail Sales, Service, and/or CRM preferred.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of best practices in user centered design
- Considerable experience working with web and mobile applications
- Strong visual design skills, ability to think conceptually about design, present excellent problem solving skills, and exercise the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape a product.
- Demonstrate ability to work confidently with Project Management, Development Product Planning, and Marketing teams
- Front-end web developer skills to support the guidelines preferred.
- Information architecture & taxonomy
- Data Visualization skills is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile based environment a plus
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Balsamiq and other related tools like Dreamweaver, Visio, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Adaptability – Is able and willing to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities. Able to adjust personal style to changing environment. Maintains focus and intensity and remains calm, optimistic and persistent, even under adversity.
Customer Focus (Internal and External) – Is dedicated to meeting and strives to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality services. Acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect. Communicates with customers in a warm, helpful and professional manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
Job Knowledge – Knows, understands and appropriately applies the technical /soft skills, methods and processes required for the position. Is able to learn, retain and apply information to the job. Keeps current with new and/or updated program information, trends and developments in field.
Problem Solving – Systematically breaks apart complex problems and identifies the underlying causes. Identifies trends and sees causes and consequences. Generates a variety of alternative techniques or methods to resolve issues and/or solve problems.
Teamwork – The ability to work effectively with others to generate a positive, productive and informed work environment. Is united in the collective purpose.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire