Our client is seeking two Level III WAN Network Engineers that will work under the direction of the Manager of Network Support, with broad scope for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment. The candidate selected will be responsible for design and implementation of network devices and connectivity to our administrative and instructional arms of the DOE enterprise network. He will support the operation of the network infrastructure through coordination with support teams, internal customer technicians and engineers, ensuring that the network infrastructure continues to function at optimal performance. The Router/Switch Engineer will maintain all highly technical network infrastructure hardware devices in compliance with defined architectures governed by the Architecture Standards Team. He will Interface with WAN support, LAN support, network integrators, network engineers, Project Connect network engineers, and other support teams to oversee that compliance and direction are maintained with the placement of network hardware into the overall enterprise topology.
Key Relationships: Interfaces with WAN support, LAN support, network integrators, network engineers, Project Connect network engineers and other support teams to oversee that compliance and direction are maintained with the placement of network hardware into the overall enterprise topology.
* Maintain and support a large enterprise network connecting a citywide environment of over 1200 locations.
* Candidate must be able to support day to day operations that include routing, switching, firewalls, wireless, and VPN.
* Work closely with the Network Operations Center to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues.
* Perform day-to-day network administration tasks including network equipment installation, configuration, upgrades, testing and troubleshooting.
* Candidate will provide WAN support for initiatives that revolve around our optical backbone.
* Engineer will be responsible for maintenance and support of network technologies that sustain data center operations.
* Engineer must be able to configure load balancing for internal and external facing applications.
* Collaborate with various departments representing the network support team to design, test, and implement proposed solutions.
* Provide periodic network traffic and security status reports.
* Prepare network diagrams, floor plans, and schematics using Visio where required.
* Respond to emergency calls in the evenings and on weekends regarding WAN / LAN outages.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
* EVPL provisioning and troubleshooting.
* Cisco ASA, router and switch product line, including Nexus
* A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and eight years of satisfactory full-time (not classroom based) experience in VoIP architecture and design, wide area network planning, design, configuration, installation, troubleshooting, integration, performance monitoring, maintenance, enhancement, and security management; or
* A master’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college may substitute for one year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least eight years of satisfactory (not classroom based) full-time information technology experience as described in “1” above.
Experience and Skillsets
* Expertise and significant hands-on experience working with large LAN/WAN infrastructure and all LAN and WAN networking technologies Knowledge of communication protocols and Cisco communication equipment.
* Hands-on experience and expertise with Cisco Nexus family of switches, Cisco Catalyst Switches 6xxx, 5xxx, 4xxx, 29xx, 19xx, RSM; Cisco Routers 7500, 7200, 4000, 3600, 2600, 2500, 800; Cisco VPN 3000
Networking protocols and standards:
* Ethernet, Frame Relay, T1, T3, ISDN; Routing protocols (RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP); and Firewall technology (PIX),
* Virtual Private Networks, Voice over IP, Class of service and quality of service and traffic flow classification.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in preparing reports, presentations and documentation.
* Ability to verbally translate and articulate complex technical issues for the advocacy of non-technical users.
* Experience with SONET architecture and deployment using DWDM technology and monitoring tools.
* Experience in Virtualization and storage network technologies.
About TEKsystems: Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants’ skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems’ leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
For Immediate Placement - Andrew Raynor Dover New Hampshire